September To-Dos

Have you ever been a fan of something for a really long time before the light bulb goes and you realize that, oh hey, I could do that too!  With me it was first the meme Amanuensis Monday and second this one which I have seen on numerous blogs for a long time (I have no idea as to where it originated, but I like the way Mavis organizes hers best) but for some reason I've never adopted it before now.  Which is odd because I'm a list-making kind of person, I make to-do lists for my to-do lists! 

We're already a bit into the month and I've accomplished a lot, but here is what is left to do:

Writing and this Blog:
  • Continue to post to this blog - try and produce more than 8 posts this month!
  • Start working on The Life and Letters of John W. Berger so it will be done in time for Christmas (*knock wood*)
  • Leave a comment on two different blogs (this is my baseline, I hope to increase the number each month.  I'm so horrible about commenting, it really is my greatest "blogger shame")
  • Add at least 6 new blogs to my reader this month (I'm usually pretty good at hitting this number or surpassing it in a month, but it never hurts to remind yourself)
Research:
Other:
  • Submit Mayflower Society worksheets (should be ready after acquiring father's birth certificate)
  • Prepare pedigrees and genealogy goody-bags for the family gathering next month
  • Prepare for Family History Expo next month (select classes, reserve hotel room, etc.)
  • Index at least 200 names this month for FamilySearch Indexing (my favorites are Jamaica Civil Birth Recs and County Marriages in California)
  • Do my "10" for the Restore the Ancestors Project
I've got oodles more I need/want to do this month, what is listed above is just at the top of my priority list.

Comments

  1. This is the first time I have seen a "To Do List" as a blog entry and I love the idea! As a fellow researcher, I get so bogged down with "lists" that I wind up misplacing the "lists". Fantastic idea that I will be incorporating into my blog too!

    Can't wait to read more of your posts when I have more time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Popular Posts