"1) What day of the week were you born? Tell us how you found out.
2) What has happened in recorded history on your birth date (day and month)? Tell us how you found out, and list
3) What famous people have been born on your birth date? Tell us how you found out, and list
4) Put your responses in your own blog post, in a comment on this blog post, or in a status or comment on Facebook."
1) I was born on a Monday, just after midnight. I knew because (this is the story my mother told me) my grandmother was worried my mother would deliver on a Sunday or Tuesday, forcing my grandmother to miss her Bridge games those days.
2) December 28th in recorded history (from Wikipedia):
1065: Westminster Abbey is consecrated.
1832: John C. Calhoun becomes the first VP to resign.
1836: Spain recognizes the independence of Mexico.
1846: Iowa is admitted as the 29th state.
1895: The Lumiere Bros. introduce cinema to the world.
1945: The US Congress officially recognizes the Pledge of Allegiance.
1958: "Greatest Game Ever Played" – Baltimore Colts defeat the New York Giants in the first ever National Football League sudden death overtime game at New York's Yankee Stadium.
2000: Montgomery Ward announces it is going out of business after 128 years.
Dec. 28 is also the 4th day of Christmas in Western Christianity and Feast Day of the Holy Innocents (aka Childermas) in the Roman Catholic, Anglican and Lutheran Churches. It is also the 362 (363 during leap years) day of the year.
3) Fellow December 28th birthdays (again via Wikipedia):
1763: John Molson of Molson beer fame.
1856: Woodrow Wilson, 28th President.
1908: Lew Ayres, actor (Dr. Kildare among others)
1922: Stan Lee, comic book author (co-created Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk and many others).
1932: Nichelle Nichols (Uhura in Star Trek)
1934: Maggie Smith, actress
1954: Gayle King, Oprah's BFF; Denzel Washington, actor
1973: Seth Meyers, comedian (from SNL)
1978: John Legend, musician
1979: Noomi Rapace, the original Lisbeth Salander
1981: Elizabeth Carr, first test tube baby; Sienna Miller, actress
1990: David Archuleta, American Idol runner-up
Interestingly several famous ice hockey players also share my birthday: Terry Sawchuck, Ray Bourque, Rob Niedermayer and Harry Howell.
And last but not least: the day after I was born Prozac was released in the US.