Three

Well, has it really been three years? I'm always surprised when I make it to another blogiversary and it is especially true this year.

2011 has been a tough a year, a REALLY tough year.  I could list everything, but the main thing is that my mother was diagnosed with advanced kidney cancer this past spring and all the surgeries and treatments that have ensued since then.

All of this has made genealogy and this blog an afterthought at times.  In fact, there were times when I just had to walk away from it for awhile because the idea of researching deceased relatives was just too overwhelming.  But, I would always come back to it and I truly think (after this year especially) I always will, I just enjoy it too much.

Believe it or not, but this year has been a pretty good one genealogically.  I've actually accomplished a lot though there is still quite a bit left to tackle and get better at.  And, although my output has been way down (for obvious reasons), this has been a good year for this blog - the best so far in my personal opinion.  First and foremost, I finally changed the name of this blog and now cannot, for the life of me, fathom why I waited so long.  I had hated "The Internet Genealogist" since day one - it was an impulsive choice that haunted me.  But oddly enough, "Leah's Family Tree" was just as impulsive a choice but I love it, I think because it fits so well where the old one fit so badly.  Honestly, now that I have a title that works, I have so much more love for this blog and get so much more joy out of writing posts - who would of thunk it?!!

There are so many excellent genealogy blogs out there, I cannot tell you how touched (and amazed) I am that anyone ever bothers to stop here.  A heartfelt thank you to you all.

And, I especially want to say how grateful and appreciative I am to anyone and everyone who has stopped to follow, leave a comment or send me an e-mail.  I'd also like to apologize for the lack of acknowledgement at times on my end.  I've always had a difficult time staying on top of all my correspondence and it has really spiraled out of control this year.  Improving in this area is number one on my blogging priority list!

I'm always excited to see what the new year holds, whether it be calendar or in blog time, and this one is no different.  Onward to four!

Comments

  1. Congrats! We ARE reading! When you have the time and the energy. We all understand those limitations as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah,
    Happy blogoversary and congratulations on three years of genealogy blogging. I'm so sorry to learn of your mother's illness. I'm sending you both good thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy third blogiversary.

    We will keep you in your family in our thoughts and prayers. Family always comes first. Just remember to take care of yourself too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Third Blogoversary - you've had a great three years and I love your blog under any name. I will be keeping your mother and family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Popular Posts