Surname Saturday: Evans of Trumbull County, Ohio

Early into my research on my paternal line, I discovered that the Evans family of Trumbull and Mahoning counties, Ohio were quite prominent and numerous.  The portion of the family I am related to lived in Mineral Ridge and later, the Girard area of Trumbull County.

My connection to the Evans family is through my great-great-grandfather's sister, Mary C. Allen.  Mary married Thomas J. Evans.  Thomas was the son of John Luster/Lester and Hannah (Ludwig/Ludwick) Hocker Evans.

Mary C. Allen was born 2 January, 1855 in Pittsburgh, Allegheny, Pennsylvania.  She died on 30 April, 1940 in Girard, Trumbull, Ohio.  She married Thomas J. Evans in March of 1870, likely in either Trumbull or Mahoning County, Ohio.

Thomas J. Evans was born 22 October, 1854 in Evansville, Mahoning, Ohio.  He died 1 March, 1930 in Girard, Trumbull, Ohio.  They had the following children:
  1. Emma Evans Baker (1873-1927)
  2. Nellie/Lilly Grace Evans Miller (1875-aft 1940)
  3. Robert Thomas Evans (1876-aft 1945)
  4. Elizabeth Hannah "Bertie" Evans Walters (1879-aft 1940)
  5. William J. Evans (1881-aft 1940)
  6. Ella P. Evans (1890-1923)
All but Emma and Ella left descendants, including: Elizabeth Mary Miller Black, June Evans, Mary Grace Walters Gautchi Cross, Marguerite Evans.

If you are related to this family, please contact me.  I have additional information and documentation not shared here.

Comments

Popular Posts