NEHGS and Footnote Parting Ways (Sort of)

I'm sure Randy will post more about this, but I just noticed that as of the end of this month, NEHGS members will no longer be able to use Footnote from the comfort of their homes (due to unforeseen technical difficulties).  Access to Footnote will still be available at the NEHGS library though.

NEHGS is offering a great deal to its members though, you can get a Footnote membership for $29.95 ($50 off the regular price) until February 28, 2010.  I haven't been blown away by Footnote's offerings, but at that price I'm pretty tempted to sign-up.

(Full disclosure: I am in no way affiliated with Footnote and my only connection to NEHGS is through my paid membership.  I was not paid or in any way compensated for this post by either parties nor was I contacted by them to post this information.  I was just on the NEHGS website and stumbled across the information there.)

Comments

  1. Leah

    I have found that Footnote is a good match for me even with an Ancestry World subscription - Footnote has many Civil War Pension files as well as Texas and Wisconsin death certificates I need for clients. And the deal you state via NEHGS can't be beat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Popular Posts