October To-Dos

October is Family History Month (actually, every month is family history month for me) and to celebrate I want to get back to actually researching my family history.  I haven't been doing a lot of that lately and miss it which is why October will be a research-heavy month:

Research
  • Order the Upper Canadian Land Petition records for Edmund Horton, Emanuel Horton, Jacob Beam, my Pettits
  • Order a record copy of the DAR application of the woman who joined under John Shinn
  • Order copies from the DAR of the sources mentioned in Thomas Smith's descendant's application.
  • Write to the New York Historical Society for information on the Committe of Safety in NYC during the Revolutionary War, inquire about any records they might have on Thomas Smith and his involvement on the Committee.
  • Look into getting naturalization records for James Tock and the Lapiccirellas and possibly the Croads (need to confirm first whether or not they even applied for naturalization)
  • Order Nicoletta Lapiccirella's SS-5 application (only if funds permit, might have to wait until November)
  • Contact the East Texas Genealogical Society and/or the Smith County Historical Society for information of the Webbs that settled in Smith Co. around 1850.
  • Order Wayne Co., Kentucky films
General
  • Find my library card! (It has been missing for several weeks now and I'm starting to go through withdrawls)
  • Attend (and participate in) at least two genealogy events from either here or here.  (Regular society meetings and the Expo don't count)
  • Complete anything leftover from September To-Dos (accomplished most things on the list except submitting my Mayflower Society worksheets - am still waiting on a certificate)
  • Have fun at the Expo (and try not to make an idiot of myself, which tends to happen when I get really excited)

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Popular Posts