2012 Goals: Organization

Instead of just rattling off my goals for 2012 in one post, I'm going to do individual posts on each and then a summary post which includes how I did with my 2011 goals.  My goals fall into four categories: Research, Writing, Organization and Wild Card.  The inspiration for this, as was the case in 2011, was the We Tree blog.

My Organization Goal:
I spent 2011 purging papers I didn't need.  2012 will be the year of purging periodicals I no longer need.

I have tons of magazines and newsletters that I can part with.  However, I need to copy the articles I'm interested in keeping and go through certain periodicals from beginning to end to see if I want to save the whole issue or not.  Then I need to find someone to take what I'm willing to part with.  My local library and genealogical society are options I am going to look into.

Comments

  1. Thank you for the mention! I like your approach and think it will serve you well in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do this, too.

    I generally don't keep genealogy magazines after I read them. At my local society meeting, I set them on the table with a "free" sign. Someone always snaps them up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Popular Posts