AncestryDNA Results!

Imagine my surprise when I checked my e-mail this evening and saw that my AncestryDNA results were up!  I thought I had at least another two weeks to wait but am happy that it didn't take as long as I thought it would.  My pie was surprisingly colorful:

I was expecting a higher percentage of British Isles and not as much Scandinavian as I was assigned.  While I have a Danish great-great-grandmother, I imagine some of my English ancestors (especially those from Lincolnshire) have been classified as Scandinavian.

The Middle Eastern result surprised me until I read that is included the Eastern Mediterranean Coast - which is where my Italian ancestors were from.  I think my Southern European and the Uncertain portions also come from my Italian grandmother.

My matches were pretty much what I was expecting: not too many and most of those that I did get were thanks to my Colonial New England lines.

There was one interesting match which warrants more research.  My Masons are a big mystery and one of my closest matches also had a mystery Mason... a few counties west of where my Masons were in Indiana.  Hmmm...

Disclosure: I have no affiliation with either Ancestry.com or AncestryDNA.  I bought an AncestryDNA test and received no remuneration of any kind by anyone for taking the test and writing this post.

Comments

Popular Posts