Deceased Physician File

While I don't have many physicians in my family tree, there are a few which is why my curiosity was piqued when I saw FamilySearch had added United States, Deceased Physician File (AMA), 1864-1968.

The first physician I looked for was the one I knew the least about, my great-grandfather's brother, Albert Berger.  From letters and records, I know Albert was often on the move through the military or his medical work.

Albert J. Berger Deceased Physician File, Page 1

Albert J. Berger Deceased Physician File, Page 2
I wasn't expecting to learn as much as I did about Albert.  His middle name, education and cause of death were all new to me.  Thanks, FamilySearch!

Disclosure:  I have no affiliation whatsoever with either FamilySearch or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I received no remuneration of any kind by anyone for writing this post.

Comments

  1. Very cool-thanks for sharing. I'll add this to my list of FamilySearch sources I want to explore. Unfortunately, it starts too late for me to find one ancestor I know was a doctor in the early 1800's in Maine, but I believe I found his son!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Popular Posts