Saturday Night Fun: Fun Facts

This week's Saturday Night Fun is actually something I've looked at before, the website www.paulsadowski.com, but I thought it would be fun to post my results here and play along with the SNF!

1. "Bad" Joke (which I actually thought was pretty funny):
"A young couple gets married, and the groom asks his bride if he can have a dresser drawer of his own that she will never open. The bride agrees. After 30 years of marriage, she notices that his drawer has been left open. She peeks inside and sees 3 golf balls and $1,000.

She confronts her husband and asks for an explanation. He explains 'Every time I was unfaithful to you, I put a golf ball in the drawer.' She figures 3 times in 30 years isn't bad and asks 'But what about the $1,000?' He replied 'Whenever I got a dozen golf balls, I sold them'"

2. Birthday Info:
Born under Capricorn,
Life path number is 11 (I've also seen this broken down as a 2)
The Julian calendar date of your birth is 2447157.5
Your birthday falls into the Chinese year beginning 1/29/1987 and ending 2/16/1988.
You were born in the Chinese year of the Rabbit.
Your Native American Zodiac sign is Goose; your plant is Bramble.
You were born in the Egyptian month of Famenoth, the third month of the season of Poret (Emergence - Fertile soil).
I am 7,824 days old.
Celebrities I share my birthday with (28 December):
Denzel Washington (1954), Maggie Smith (1934), Woodrow Wilson (1856), Lew Ayres (1908), Stan Lee (1922), Nichelle Nichols aka Uhura from Star Trek (1933)
Your birth flower is the POINSETTIA (I've also seen it listed as the carnation)
Your birth stone is Blue Zircon (News to me- everywhere else it is listed as Turquoise)
Apparently my "birth tree" is the apple tree

Wikipedia also has fun birthday facts, just type in your DOB. For December 28:
(Some events)
1065 Westminster Abbey is consecrated
1846 Iowa is admitted as the 19th US state
1895 The Lumière brothers perform for their first paying audience... marking the debut of the cinema
1945 The Pledge of Allegiance is officially recognized by Congress
2008 The Detroit Lions finish their historic no win season, 0-16 (as a Lions fan, this one hurts)
(Some births)
1763 John Molson (of Molson beer)
1888 Friedrich Wilhelm Murnau
1929 Terry Sawchuck
1954 Gayle King
1960 Ray Bourque
1973 Seth Meyers
1974 Rob Niedermayer
1978 John Legend
1981 Sienna Miller

3. Name facts:
Leah:
Hebrew/Female Tired. Cow. First wife of Jacob in the Old Testament. Leah became Jacob's first wife by trickery, as Jacob had intended to marry her younger and more beautiful sister, Rachel, who soon became his second and favoured wife.
English/Female Meadow.
Biblical/Female Weary, tired
I wrote about my dislike for my given name earlier this month for name week. I also mentioned that I prefer the Assyrian meaning of "mistress" or "ruler" to the Biblical definition. The website BehindtheName.com offers a lot of info on names and various other meanings, definitely worth checking out.

Comments

Popular Posts