Priscilla's descendants (aka people who share my mtDNA):
- Generation 1. She married Andrew Webb and had ten children, five of which were female: Nancy Ann, Sarah Elizabeth, Martha Maranda ("Matt"), Mary Anna. (10, 5)
- Generation 2. Of these, only Nancy Ann and Mary Anna are known to have had children. Nancy married Elijah Wiley and had three children; Mary Anna married George Washington Wellons and had eight children. (11, 6)
- Generation 3. Nancy only had one daughter, Cora Wiley and I don't know if she ever had children or not. Mary Anna's daughters Hermosa Florita ("Flo") and Fleeda Leone did not have children. Mary Anna's daughter Sarah Elizabeth ("Sadie") married Charles Andrew Benson and had two children. Mary Anna's daughter Edna Mae married William B. Thomas and had four children. Mary Anna's daughter Georgiana married Gideon Gottlieb Berger and had three children. (9, 5)
- Generation 4. Sadie's daughter Elizabeth ("Sister") married William Lax and had three children. Edna's three daughters (who are still living) had collectively eight children. Georgiana's daughter (my grandmother) had two children. (13, 7)
- Generation 5. I met "Sister's" daughter and know she has children and grandchildren but have no idea how many or if she had any daughters, likewise with Edna's five granddaughters. I am the only one of Georgiana's descendants who carries her mtDNA in generation 6.
I plan on doing this same sort of thing for my Y-DNA (or more correctly, my father's Y-DNA). But, there are so many mysteries on that side that I fear I'll be trying to figure it all out for awhile.