Wordless Wednesday: Mystery Street

I usually keep my unidentified photos separate from the identified ones, which also means I tend to forget about the unidentified ones.  I had planned on getting these up a long time ago, but better late than never, right? 

All three of these pictures are from the same street.  It is from my great-grandmother's collection.  I believe these were taken when she was living in Oakland in the 1910s but can't be sure.  If anyone has any ideas as to where these buildings are, I'd love to hear about it.

Note the white building on the far left, the house just behind it (the gravel path is leading straight to it) and the house on the far right. 


This is clearly the same white building as in the previous picture.  The ladder makes me think it was under construction, maybe?


Again, I think this is the same house as in the first picture.  I believe it is the same as the one behind the white building and down the gravel path.


Again, I think this house might be on the same street - possibly the same as the house on the far right in the first picture?


Comments

  1. Great photos. I have no idea where they were taken, but I am curious to know. I'm email subscribing to the comments in case you get an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah,
    I did a little digging but I couldn't find any answers for you. I sent the link to someone who may be able to help. Like Amy, I'm subscribing too. Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that it may be Mills College. http://www.mills.edu/ Mills moved to the Oakland hills in 1871.

    Great blog, by the way! I have just started doing genealogy. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Popular Posts