SNGF: Two Degrees of Separation

Via Genea-Musings:

"1) Using your ancestral lines, how far back in time can you go with two degrees of separation? That means "you knew an ancestor, who knew another ancestor." When was that second ancestor born?"


I knew my great-grandmother, Gladys Viola Healey (1898-1998), who knew her grandfather, Comfort G. Healey/Haley (1838-1910).  That is nearly 150 years between Comfort's birth and my own.

If we were to go by just living (never met), then my great-grandmother, Daisy May Croad (1896-1990) was alive when I was born.  When she was born, her grandmother, Susannah Tizzard Croad (1830-1907) was alive.  If I really want to nitpick, then Daisy's grandmother, Charlotte Shepstone Stokes (ca. 1827-1896), died a few months before Daisy's birth.

Comments

Popular Posts