SNGF: The Wheel Lands on 19

My favorite Saturday Night Genealogy Fun challenges have always been the ones having to do with ancestral roulette and this week is no exception (via Genea-Musings):

"1) What year was your paternal grandfather born? Divide this number by 100 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."


2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ancestral name list (some people call it an 'ahnentafel'). Who is that person?


3) Tell us three facts about that person in your ancestral name list with the 'roulette number.'"


I came up with number 19, who is Mary Stokes Croad (1867-1923).  Mary is on my paternal side which I have spent less time working on than my maternal branch.  Hence, my knowledge of Mary and her family is limited.  But, I can tell you three things about her:
  1. Her parents were from Somerset, England but moved to southern Wales where Mary's father worked in the coal mines.
  2. Mary was born after her parents came to Wales and was fluent in both English and Welsh.
  3. Mary, her husband and children arrived at the Port of Philadelphia on 19 June 1892 on the ship Ohio out of Liverpool.  Their destination was Michigan, where Mary lived until her death in 1923.

Comments

  1. Ohhh, this sounds like fun! I came up with the #19. She was my great-great grandmother, Bertha BUEGE. This has been a tough line for me. 1)I know she came to America from "Germany" with her parents and 2 other sisters on the ship Ohio arriving in New York on 26 April 1880. 2) Her future husband, Carl JAHN, was also on that ship. 3) They were married 12 Nov 1880.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came up with #19, too! Here's my blog post:

    :) Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Popular Posts