RJFN: 2 Nov to 8 Nov

I'm in one of my research-free periods, but that doesn't mean that I'm in a genealogy-free period (never!).  I've spent most of my free time this week putting together a list of microfilms to order the next time I go to my FHC:
  • Registri dello stato civile di Vieste (Foggia), 1809-1899 (Vieste Civil Registrations).  I've been putting this one off for awhile mainly because I'd like to have a better understanding of Italian first.
  • Registri dello stato civile, 1890-1902 (Foggia Province Civil Registrations)
  • Registri ecclesiastici di Maria Santissima Iconavetere (Foggia, Foggia), 1575-1899 (Foggia Church Records).  I'm a little iffy about this one, not sure that I'll find much.
  • Registri ecclesiastici di San Tommaso Apostolo (Foggia, Foggia), 1597-1910 (Foggia Church Records).  Again, I haven't had much luck with church records in the past so I'm a little iffy.
  • Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1899 (Foggia City Cvil Regstrations)
  • Ottawa Co., Ohio films (for my Nielsens and Petersens), especially marriage and death records.
  • I've also got some Ontario records to look up and I'm especially interested in the films for Oxford Co.
  • Births 1873-1901, deaths 1859-1903, mortuary record 1873-1891, land patents 1857-1892, delayed birth index 1875-1971, marriages 1853-1866 (for Alameda Co., CA)
Judging by how (in)frequently I make it to the FHC, this list will probably last me through 2010.  Once I've tackled most of this, I have a ton of UK films to pursue.
~
In a surprising (to me) turn of events, I'm shelving (for now) both the California genealogical societies (CGSL and SCGS) I was thinking of joining last week and NEHGS and am going for an OGS membership instead.  I have been hearing raves about them and really, my Ohio ties are the ones I know the least about and am currently most interested in.  I kind of feel like that would be the "right fit" for me right now, but the CGSL is a close second. 
~
I don't do the meme "Follow Friday," I just have too many other things on my plate to try and remember that too.  BUT, I do like sharing the "blog love" so here is the blog I've been enjoying a lot lately: Forgotten Bookmarks.  It has been getting some notice lately from the Genea-Bloggers community, especially here.  It is always a treat to read about the goodies that have been found in the books!  Everytime I go to my used bookstore, I look for "forgotten bookmarks" now- and I've actually found a few (which I think I'll spotlight in a Treasure Chest Thursday post).  A wonderful blog that never fails to entertain me - I highly recommend checking it out if you haven't yet.
~
On Saturday I joined the Association of Graveyard Rabbits. It is something I've been wanting to do for awhile and I think I'll have a lot of fun with it!  Thanks to Sheri for clarifying some questions I had and for giving me the tiny push I needed to join.  I'll do a separate post about my new GYR blog in the next couple days.
~
I just found out the post I did on Kinship earlier this week made Randy's "Best of" list!  Thanks Randy- talk about an honor (and a surprise to me)!

Comments

Popular Posts