July To-Dos

I stopped doing monthly to-do lists because I just didn't have the time to complete all my goals (at one point I was having a hard time completing ANY of my goals).  Since I have more time in the summer for genealogy, I'm bringing the list back - at least for now.

  • Order: my grandfather's death certificate (died in Georgia).  Also, look into ordering death certificates for my paternal grandmother's siblings (most died in Ohio) and my 3rd great-grandmother's (Engeline Petersen) sisters (both died in California).
  • Order: the documentation file associated with the DAR application on my 5th great-grandfather, John Shinn (and possibly other ancestors in the DAR Patriot Index)
  • Request: A cemetery photo of the grave of my great-grandfather's stillborn sister (I just discovered her existence).  She is buried in Oak Grove Cemetery, Manistee, Manistee, Michigan.  Another sister is buried in that cemetery and I want to find out if they are buried near each other - if so, then I'll know it is a family plot which might help me find other relatives in the same location.
  • Contact: the person on Ancestry.com who created a tree with information on the sister of my 3rd great-grandmother, Elizabeth Clemens.  This sister has been impossible to track so I'm really curious where they got their info on her (and how accurate it is).
  • Upload: My GEDCOMS to Gedmatch.  I have already uploaded the raw data I have (and will upload my Family Finder results when I have them) but I never uploaded the corresponding GEDCOMS.
  • Contact: Speaking of my Family Finder results, once they are in I want to get in touch with any matches I might have.
  • Transcribe: Get back into FamilySearch Indexing.  I also just volunteered for a new project I'm VERY excited to start!
  • Learn: I want to get back to watching more online courses through FamilySearch.  At the top of the list are - "The English Parish," "Building A German Genealogy Library," and "The 2 Sides of Interviewing." 
  • Correct: I am horrible at remembering to make correction to typos and mistranscriptions I come across and adding post-ems if need be.  I want to get better about making corrections and also go back and make some to certain records (like the census record where my Tock family is indexed as the 'Sock' family).
  • Attend: I've signed up for and am looking forward to the following webinars - (7/2) "NSDAR -Resources for your Revolutionary War Ancestors with DearMyrtle," and the upcoming July Legacy Family Tree webinars.
I also want to continue my "Census Sunday" posts and the census citation cleanup I've been doing, and post the next installment of Essie Mott's memoir.  I don't have any research projects or goals right now, but that doesn't mean I won't be doing ANY research this month.

Disclosure: I am in no way affiliated with any of the websites or companies mentioned (and/or linked to) in this post nor did I receive any remuneration for this post from any party/parties mentioned here or otherwise.

Comments

  1. I wish you much success in accomplishing your 'To-Do' list. It's good to post it - keeps you accountable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was DearMyrtle's webinar on the DAR website? I would like to have taken that, but I didn't find out about it until too late.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Popular Posts