Friday, April 13, 2012

Oh, The Places You'll Go!

I've been doing a lot of indexing of the 1940 US Census.  It has has gotten to the point where I've done quite a bit of "traveling" and I wanted to start a list with all the different places I've been while indexing:

California:
Alameda County
Amador County
Butte County
Calaveras County
Colusa County
Contra Costa County
Fresno County
Glenn County
Humboldt County
Imperial County
Los Angeles County
Kern County
Kings County

Colorado:
Pueblo County

Kansas:
Sedgwick County

Ohio:
Franklin County


Oregon:
Lane County

Michigan:
Allegan County

New Hampshire:
Cheshire County

Virginia:
Lynchburg


(last updated 13 April 2012)

Not surprisingly, all the states I've worked on thus far are ones of genealogical interest to me.  Clearly, California is my main focus and I think it likely that it will stay that way.  Ohio and Michigan are two other states I'll work on quite a bit.  Since I wasn't able to find many of my Ohio and Michigan relatives, I'm anxious to help get searchable indexes up for those two.

Disclosure: I am in no way affiliated with FamilySearch beyond being in their Blog Ambassador program.  I was not prompted or remunerated by anyone to write this post.

1 comment:

  1. Kind of fun to see what we indexers are indexing - I've done Colorado (because it was one of the first available), a lot of Pennsylvania (Allegheny County and Lancaster County), and a couple in Massachusetts (Middlesex County). I'll likely continue with Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and I'll do some in New Jersey and Ohio, where my husband's family were in 1940.

    ReplyDelete

Please note, if you comment under the identity of "anonymous" your comment won't be posted. I also reserve the right to delete or mark as SPAM comments which I feel are inappropriate.