GeneaBlogger Games 2010 Diary, Day 1 (2/13)

Today was a bit of a bust unfortunately.  I was down with a migraine much of the day (and yesterday) but I did manage to earn a Bronze in the Expand Your Knowledge area because I completed Task A and mapped out the home of my great x 3 grandparents, Niels Christian and Engeline Christine Petersen Nielsen in 1930.  From the 1930 census I learned that they were living with their daughter Lillian and her husband, August Peterson along with two boarders. The family was at 1626 Versailles Ave., Alameda, Alameda, California in 1930.  Here is the house now:


View Larger Map

Judging by how small the house is, I wonder if it was easy living there in 1930 when the household consisted of six people.

Medal Count at the end of 2/13:
1 Bronze

Comments

  1. I didn't know about that feature of street view until I started ressearching my followers and the geneabloggers group.

    I am going to give it a try and play a little with it. It will be my new genie toy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Popular Posts