For my first surname of the meme I'm going with my Jackmans. Jackman is a pretty far back one in my tree (my great x 4 grandmother is the most recent Jackman) but it is a special one because it was the first family I ever researched. My line goes (NOTE I have much more information on these people than I am including below):
- James Jackman (1611, Exeter, Devon, England ~ 1694, Newbury, Essex, MA). Came to the US in the 1630s and was a founder of Nwbury/Newburyport, Massachusetts.
- Richard Jackman (1660, Newbury ~ 1713, Newbury), married Elizabeth Plummer/Plumer/Plommer (1662, Newbury ~ 1700, MA)
- Richard Jackman (1684, Newbury ~ 1737) and Elizabeth Major (orig. Le Messurier) (1682, Newbury ~ 1739)
- Richard Jackman (1709, Newbury ~ 1761, Boscawen, Merrimack, New Hampshire) and Martha Call (1718, Boscawen). A large number of Jackmans settled in the Boscawen area and most, if not all, are connected to the original Newbury Jackmans started with James.
- Moses Jackman (1746, Boscawen ~ 1838, Boscawen) and Martha Morse/Moss (1756, Newbury)
- Moses Jackman (1776, Boscawen ~ 1861, Livonia, Livingston, New York) and Rhoda Collins (circa 1781, Ira, Rutland, Vermont ~ 1811, Mendon, Monroe, New York)
- Alzina Jackman (1810, Livonia, Livingston, New York ~ 1890, San Joaquin Co., CA) married Heman Doyle (1809, Vermont ~ 1881, San Joaquin Co., CA)
- Mariah Adelaide Doyle (1832, Rochester, Monroe, New York ~ 1917, San Joaquin Co., CA) and John R. Shinn (1823, Burlington Co., New Jersey ~ 1867, San Joaquin Co., CA)