Census Sunday: Great-Greats, Part 6

I've finally had a little time to get back to these posts.  They actually take a while to write because as I'm working on them I'm cleaning up (or adding - for shame, I know!) source citations.  I will say though that this has been the perfect motivation I needed to go through the census records I had, analyze them and examine the citations for them.  Without further ado, here are my great-great-grandparents in the 1850 US Census (only three were known to be alive).  1849 was a good year in my family tree because two of the three below were born then - just in time for the census!

John W. Berger
(Heinrich) Michael Barger/Berger Family
1850 US Census
Marshall County, Indiana
John was nine years old and with his parents and siblings on the family farm in Marshall Co., Indiana.  John is not listed as attending school within the year.

1850 US Census, Marshall County, Indiana, population schedule, My Division, p. 450B, dwelling 25, family 25, Michael Barger Family; digital images, Ancestry.com (ancestry.com : accessed 7 November 2011); NARA microfilm publication M432, roll 160.




Susanna vonAllmen
Susanna was a year old in February of 1850.  She would have been with her siblings and parents in Olney, Richland, Illinois.  I have hunted and hunted but have never been able to find the family in the 1850 census.

George Washington Wellons
John C. Wellons Family
1850 US Census
Pulaski County, Kentucky
George was a year old and with his family in their native Pulaski County, Kentucky.  Not long after this census they moved to Indiana.  From Indiana they went to Iowa where they remained.  George was too young for school, but his siblings between the ages of 5 and 15 had attended school within the year.

1850 US Census, Pulaski County, Kentucky, population schedule, Division 2, p. 112B, dwelling 546, family 546, John C Wellens Family; digital images, Ancestry.com (ancestry.com : accessed 7 November 2011); NARA microfilm publication M32, roll 217.

Comments

Popular Posts